Rocky Mountain Dachshund Rescue (RMDR), a dachshund rescue in Utah, couldn’t be more excited about our adopted dachshund friends finding their forever families in Utah–and our neighboring Rocky Mountain states!
All of the dogs listed here have been adopted! Our founding team, fosters, and volunteers are hard at work helping the dachshunds who come to the Rocky Mountain Dachshund Rescue! Together our team helps ensure the dachshunds are cared for in-home, keeping them out of animal shelters.
If you are hoping to adopt a rescued dachshund, or dachshund mix dog, please be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for updates! We post photos and information about the dogs who are available for adoption. We strive to be as transparent as possible if they have any struggles or need additional training! Rescued dachshunds come from many situations and for many reasons like when living situations change and animals aren’t allowed, divorce, owner illness or death. Doxies are special dogs and senior dachshunds are special favorites with many families for their sweet and mellow dispositions.
Our mission is to help dachshunds needing a new home get the care they require and find loving forever families. Helping dachshunds strikes a chord with many people. Adopting a dog in need and giving them a happy life is something many of us feel we “can do” to make a difference in the world. As for Rocky Mountain Dachshund Rescue dogs? These are their happy “Get-a-long, little doggie!” stories:
- Manny (dachshund, long hair) adopted March 21, 2023
- Sally & Charlie (dachshund, bonded pair) adopted March 12, 2023)
- Laney (dachshund, shitzu mix), adopted February 2, 2023
- Thor (dachshund mix) adopted January 2, 2023
- Oscar (dachshund mix, jackshund) adopted, December 30, 2023
- Sissy (dachshund mix) adopted January 7, 2023
- Dallas (dachshund-blue heeler mix, a.k.a doxie-heeler or blue sausage)
adopted November 23, 2022
- Gus (dachshund, soft hair wire) adopted October 22, 2022
- Chewy (dachshund-chihuahua mix, chiweenie) adopted October 31, 2022
- Max & Moritz (dachshunds – standard, bonded pair) adopted October 21, 2022